AMERICAN SONGWRITER EXCLUSIVELY ANNOUNCED THE ANTICIPATED PROJECT TODAY (7/19)
SUPPORTS ZAC BROWN BAND’S
THE COMEBACK TOUR 2021 BEGINNING NEXT MONTH
NASHVILLE, TENN. (July 19, 2021) — Big Loud Records spitfire Ashland Craft reclaims the open road as her own in debut album, TRAVELIN’ KIND, out September 3. Announcing exclusively today (7/19) with American Songwriter, read the feature here.
“I think it was important for me to start the story from the beginning, until now. And so it was only appropriate to name it Travelin’ Kind. In my head, that was an ideal title because that’s me right now. It’s what I’m doing and what I will be [doing] for a while,” Craft shared exclusively with American Songwriter. “I’m proud of the fact that it’s organic and a little more old school than the modern Country in the way we produced it. We didn’t use any tracks or extra things. We just let the music speak for itself. And, I feel like it turned out to represent me very well and who I am, and I’m excited for people to get to hear it and connect to it.”
Capturing the true heart-and-hustle of a 17 miles-per-gallon lifestyle, TRAVELIN’ KIND is an 11-track introduction to Craft and her ramblin’ way of life with “surefooted styling and brazen vocals” (American Songwriter). Roaming free and easy with all songs intersecting, the anticipated project represents Craft’s one-way ticket to Nashville and all the tour stops, truck stops, and broken hearts in-between, after relocating from her hometown of Piedmont, SC, in 2019. Fresh off a Top 10 stint on NBC’s The Voice and signing a record deal smack-dab in the middle of a pandemic, she’s spent the last year counting down the days until touring again.
“I wasn’t made for the settlin’ down / In a white picket fence water tank town / I got a soul like a black crow flyin’ / I guess I always been the travelin’ kind,” she sings in the bold title track and wild-at-heart manifesto. As one of nine songs all co-penned by Craft, the Jonathan Singleton-produced collection features a heavy-hitting, GRAMMY-nominated songwriting crew including Singleton, Jessi Alexander, Jessie Jo Dillon, Rodney Clawson, and Wyatt Beasley Durrette, III, alongside her close friends and rising talents like Faren Rachels, Rob Snyder, Lee Starr, Willie Morrison, Reid Isbell, and Jenna LaMaster. “In sharing her innermost vulnerabilities, Craft puts forth something universally resonant as an ambassador of country music,” hails American Songwriter.
Ashland Craft’s TRAVELIN’ KIND Track List:
1. “Travelin’ Kind” (Ashland Craft, Erik Dylan)
2. “Your Momma Still Does” (Jenna LaMaster, Jonathan Singleton)
3. “Leavin’ You Again” (Ashland Craft, Jenna LaMaster, Faren Rachels)
4. “Make It Past Georgia” (Ashland Craft, Reid Isbell, Willie Morrison)
5. “Last 20 Dollars” (Ashland Craft, Wyatt Beasley Durrette, III, Jonathan Singleton)
6. “Highway Like Me (feat. Marcus King)” (Ashland Craft, Jessi Alexander, Reid Isbell)
7. “Mimosas In The Morning” (Ashland Craft, Jessie Jo Dillon, Jonathan Singleton)
8. “Day By Day” (Tori Allen, Corey Grogan)
9. “Letcha Fly” (Ashland Craft, Willie Morrison, Lee Starr)
10. “Come Down” (Ashland Craft, Adam Hood, Rob Snyder)
11. “That’s The Kinda Place” (Ashland Craft, Rodney Clawson, Jonathan Singleton)
All Songs Produced by Jonathan Singleton