ARENA-SIZED FREE ALBUM RELEASE CONCERT TONIGHT AT 7:30 PM CT FROM
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE’S BRIDGESTONE ARENA AT FULL CAPACITY
Morgan Wallen outside his beloved grandmother’s home in Sneedville, Tenn. for One Thing At A Time album cover |
Courtesy of Big Loud/Mercury | Image by Ryan Smith | Download Here
NASHVILLE, TENN. – Morgan Wallen’s highly-anticipated third studio album One Thing At A Time – which has already notched seven Top 10 Billboard Hot Country songs ahead of its release – is available today on Big Loud/Mercury/Republic Records. Listen HERE.
The deeply personal 36-song album combines all of Wallen’s musical influences, running the gambit in both sound and subject. Showcasing his wide-ranging influences and creativity – he interpolated The Allman Brothers’ “Midnight Rider” – showcased on “Everything I Love;” a sample of Young Thug’s “Lifestyle” interpolated on “180 (Lifestyle);” plus featured collaborations with Eric Church on “Man Made A Bar,” HARDY on “In The Bible” and ERNEST on “Cowgirls.” Furthering the connection to his roots, Wallen’s sister, Ashlyne Wallen, sings harmony on “Outlook.”
Beginning the album with “Born With A Beer In My Hand” (When I was puttin’ ’em down, they put me through hell / Put some scars on some trucks, myself as well) and finishing with “Dying Man,” (Codeine it got Elvis / Whiskey it got Hank / I always thought somethin’ like that / Might send me on my way / But you took hold of me / Like only a woman can / And gave one good reason to live / To a set on dying man) Wallen toggles between sin and salvation, with a lot of life covered between tracks 1 and 36.
“This record is as personal and honest as I know how to be, and represents my journey over the past two years,” shares Wallen. “I loved being back in the studio making new music and I’m super excited to see what my fans think because this is for you guys.”
Wallen will celebrate the release of One Thing At A Time with fans tonight at a free concert at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena. With the NHL’s Predators away for a game, the stars aligned for the ACM, CMA, and American Music Awards winner to return to the arena that housed three consecutive sold-out shows on his 2022 Dangerous Tour for one night only, once again filling its stands.
One Thing At A Time has yielded two No. 1 singles at country radio: 2x Platinum “You Proof,” which spent just 14 weeks at radio before hitting No. 1 – eventually returning to the top of the charts for a record-breaking ten non-consecutive weeks to become the longest-leading No. 1 in Country Airplay Chart history – and Platinum-certified current two-week No. 1 “Thought You Should Know,” co-written by Wallen alongside Nicolle Galyon and Miranda Lambert. Wallen’s latest release, “Last Night,” left Billboard opining “Morgan Wallen Draws A Winning Five Card Hand” as the superstar claimed the top spot on all five Billboard country charts upon its release – marking the first time an artist has done so since 2019. “Last Night” is currently rising at pop radio, while “One Thing At A Time” is off to the races at country radio.
Wallen has continually released music since 2021’s Dangerous: The Double Album, which remains Billboard’s longest running Top 10 album in history for a solo artist with 108-and-counting total weeks spent in the Top 10 (eclipsing Adele’s 21 and Bruce Springsteen’s Born In The USA).
Morgan Wallen’s One Thing At A Time track listing (songwriters listed in parentheses):
1. Born With A Beer In My Hand (Morgan Wallen, Zach Abend, Michael Hardy)
2. Last Night (John Byron, Ashley Gorley, Jacob Kasher Hindlin, Ryan Vojtesak)
3. Everything I Love (Morgan Wallen, Ashley Gorley, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak)
Contains interpolation from “Midnight Rider” written by Gregg Allman, Robert Kim Payne
4. Man Made A Bar (Feat. Eric Church) (Rocky Block, Jordan Dozzi, Larry Fleet, Brett Tyler)
5. Devil Don’t Know (Travis Denning, Jared Mullins, Ben Stennis)
6. One Thing At A Time (Ashley Gorley, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak, Morgan Wallen)
7. ’98 Braves (John Byron, Josh Miller, Travis Wood)
8. Ain’t That Some (Chris LaCorte, Chase McGill, Josh Miller, Blake Pendergrass)
9. I Wrote The Book (Morgan Wallen, Michael Hardy, Cameron Montgomery)
10. Tennessee Numbers (Jordan Minton, Blake Pendergrass, Travis Wood)
11. Hope That’s True (Morgan Wallen, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak)
12. Whiskey Friends (Morgan Wallen, Ashley Gorley, Jonathan Hoskins, Ernest Keith Smith, Josh Thompson, Ryan Vojtesak)
13. Sunrise (John Byron, Blake Pendergrass)
14. Keith Whitley (Thomas Archer, Brad Clawson, Jared Mullins)
15. In The Bible (Feat. HARDY) (John Byron, Jeff Garrison, Jon Hall, Ben Johnson, Geoffrey Warburton)
16. You Proof (Morgan Wallen, Ashley Gorley, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak)
17. Thought You Should Know (Morgan Wallen, Nicolle Galyon, Miranda Lambert)
18. F150-50 (Jared Mullins, John Pierce, Ben Stennis)
19. Neon Star (Country Boy Lullaby) (Morgan Wallen, Ernest Keith Smith, Josh Thompson, Ryan Vojtesak)
20. I Deserve A Drink (John Byron, Devin Dawson, Jacob Durrett, Hillary Lindsey)
21. Wine Into Water (John Byron, Matt Jenkins, Blake Pendergrass)
22. Me + All Your Reasons (Morgan Wallen, Ashley Gorley, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak)
23. Tennessee Fan (Morgan Wallen, Ashley Gorley, Michael Hardy, Mark Holman)
24. Money On Me (Michael Lotten, Blake Pendergrass, Matt Roy)
25. Thinkin’ Bout Me (John Byron, Ashley Gorley, Taylor Phillips, Ryan Vojtesak)
26. Single Than She Was (John Byron, Ben Johnson, Ryan Vojtesak)
27. Days That End In Why (John Byron, Blake Pendergrass, Driver Williams)
28. Last Drive Down Main (Jerry Flowers, Ryan Hurd, Michael Lotten)
29. Me To Me (Morgan Wallen, Ashley Gorley, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak)
30. Don’t Think Jesus (Jessi Alexander, Mark Holman, Chase McGill)
31. 180 (Lifestyle) (Rocky Block, Ashley Gorley, Mark Holman, Blake Pendergrass, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak)
Contains interpolation from “Lifestyle” written by Arsenio Archer, London Holmes, Dequantes Lamar, Bryan Williams, Jeffery Williams
32. Had It (Rocky Block, Alex Eskeerdo Izquierdo, Ryan Vojtesak)
33. Cowgirls (feat. ERNEST) (Rocky Block, Ashley Gorley, James Maddocks, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak)
34. Good Girl Gone Missin’ (Morgan Wallen, Ashley Gorley, James Maddocks, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak)
35. Outlook (Morgan Wallen, Rodney Clawson, Jeff Hyde)
36. Dying Man (Ben Johnson, Blake Pendergrass, Josh Thompson)
Produced by Joey Moi
Tracks 2, 16, 25, 34 Co-Produced by Charlie Handsome
Track 9 Co-Produced by Jacob Durrett and Cameron Montgomery
Tracks 13, 19, 31, 33 Co-Produced by Jacob Durrett
Drums: Jerry Roe
Percussion: Jerry Roe Bass: Mark Hill, Jimmie Lee Sloas
Electric Guitar: Tom Bukovac, Dominic Frost, Charlie Handsome, Derek Wells
Acoustic Guitar: Todd Lombardo, Bryan Sutton
Banjo: Bryan Sutton
Bouzouki: Bryan Sutton
Dobro: Bryan Sutton
Mandolin: Todd Lombardo, Bryan Sutton
Resonator Guitar: Bryan Sutton
Ukulele: Bryan Sutton
Keys: Dave Cohen
Hammond B3 Organ: Dave Cohen
Steel: Dan Dugmore, Paul Franklin
BGVs: Wes Hightower, Ashlyne Wallen
Programming: Zach Abend, Jacob Durrett, Charlie Handsome, James Maddocks, Cameron Montgomery, Ben Stennis
ABOUT MORGAN WALLEN
Hailed by Billboard for making “his superstar arrival as a touring artist” in 2022, Morgan Wallen recently wrapped his record-shattering 55-show Dangerous Tour with his first headlining stadium show at Globe Life Field in Arlington, TX, which saw him shatter attendance records previously held by Elton John and Lady Gaga. Now, the CMA Entertainer of the Year nominee who broke records in 30 venues across the country – with the only country tour nominated for Pollstar’s Major Tour of the Year – will embark on a massive world tour in 2023. Spanning 30 stadium shows across 4 countries and 2 continents, plus arenas, amphitheaters and festivals, Wallen’s 63-show 2023 One Night At A Time World Tour will deliver the man The New Yorker dubbed as “the most wanted man in country” to fans worldwide.
With over 13.6 billion on-demand streams and eight chart-toppers at Country radio, the East Tennessean’s latest hit to top the charts is “Thought You Should Know,” cowritten with Nicolle Galyon and Miranda Lambert. Recent breakout hit “You Proof” became his fastest climbing single to-date, reaching No. 1 after just 14 weeks and remaining at No. 1 on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart for a record-breaking ten non-consecutive weeks. On the heels of the unparalleled success of his 4x platinum, ACM Album of the Year, Dangerous: The Double Album (Big Loud/Mercury/Republic Records) – which topped 2021’s all-genre Billboard 200 Albums year-end chart and notched historical chart status as Billboard’s longest running Top 10 album in history for a solo artist (with 108 total weeks spent in the Top 10, eclipsing Adele’s 21 and Bruce Springsteen’s Born In The USA), Wallen’s 36-song deeply personal third studio album, One Thing At A Time, arrives March 3, 2023. The American Music Awards’ Favorite Male Country Artist and Favorite Country Song (“Wasted On You”) winner continues to touch fans’ lives in ways few can; Pollstar noting “[he has] the ability to distill his life in a way that pulls others to him.” Thanks to those very fans, the superstar has raised nearly $3 million dollars for causes close to his heart with $3 from every U.S. ticket sold for each tour benefitting the Morgan Wallen Foundation.
# # #
Download label copy HERE.
Jess Anderson | Big Loud Records
Morgan Wallen talks about creating One Thing At A Time and what he hopes fans will take away from it.
Download interview clips HERE.
Morgan Wallen | Image by Ryan Smith | Download Here